|A place for the talented one ...|
|» (No Subject)|
I had a few questions and I hope you can help me out! Maybe you already read it in another community, but I'm just trying to do a good job at school ;)
I'm working on an essay about the RAD method (Royal Academy of Dance). I'm writing about the differences between RAD and Vaganova. I've already found a few differences, but if you can tell me more about the differences between those two methods, I'd be very pleased!
Next to that I'd like to include pictures of the armpositions (5) of RAD and of the 3 basic arabesques of RAD. I can't find those pictures like they're drawn in the books of RAD, I hope someone can help me out... Thanx!!
|» Dance is passion|
i'm new in the community,don't really know what to say so i'm asnwering the following questons..:D
1. How long have you been dancing ? Since i was a baby but with real lessons..don't know some 7 years..not intrely seven years, cause i made so many different dances that i can't really remeber.
2. What type of dance do you major in ? Hip-hop,ragga soul, salsa,tango and valsa.
3. What Other types of Dance do you do? I'm not doing nothing at the moment doctors told me to stay home for some months.
3. Do you dance at a dance school ? Is more like a special gym. In Action, but i stopped in May i'll be back in some months tought.
4. Do you plan to be a dancer as a life career ? I wud lov to,but don't think i will do it.
5. What is the farthest you have got in dancing ? hum..don't know..can't remember.
6. Anything else special about you and your dancing life ? I love to dance, even out from the gym at the momnt i danc every night alone, some 2 hours phr day. I do dance plays sinc i was a kid in school and out from that on.
|» Happy New Year!|
Hope everyone is having a great year so far! Does anyone teach dance classes? I just started teaching and I wanted some ideas for my class. Thanks!|
|» FRIENDS ONLY!|
My Journal has now been made a Friends only journal so if you want to add me as a friend just comment and I will add you.
|» Hey Peeps!|
Hi guys! I'm new to the community...my name is Elaina, and I'm thirteen years old. You can see more about me on my userinfo page. My journal account name is ballerinababoo, obviously.|
1. How long have you been dancing ? I have been dancing since I was three years old...so about ten years.
2. What type of dance do you major in ? Definitely ballet. I do it 6 days of the week.
3. What Other types of Dance do you do? I'm an off-and-on tap and jazz dancer, I guess you could say. I also do Modern.
3. Do you dance at a dance school ? Um...I guess it's more of a studio. Longmont Dance Theatre.
4. Do you plan to be a dancer as a life career ? Not exactly, although I do really enjoy ballet.
5. What is the farthest you have got in dancing ? New York City! I'm also planning on going to Crested Butte this summer with some girls from my studio. We'll be auditioning for the ballet summer program up there. It would be so much fun!
6. Anything else special about you and your dancing life ? Hmmm...I just love dance!
Lately I've subscribed to a lot of dance magazines. Some I liked, some I did not. I thought I would post my opinions on them so if you wanted to subscribe you could decide.|
1. Dance Magazine- Comes out Monthy. Focuses on Broadway dance, ballet, and a lot of jazz competitions. They also have some interesting articles on obscure dances. I personally like it.
2. Young Dancer- For mostly preteen dancers. Covers ballet, hip hop, and jazz. Every issue comes with a free poster. Not a lot of articles. It's a good choice for very young preprofessional dancers.
3. Pointe Magazine- Monthly all ballet magazine. Losts of articles with gorgeous pictures. I love it.
4. Dance Spirit- Monthy. Covers lots of broadway and ballroom with the occaisional ballet. Mostly advertisments and not a lot of actually articles. I really wouldn't waste the money for it.
|» Im New here! HI!|
Okay well Ill answer these questions so you can all know a bit more about my life as a DANCER! YAY!
1. How long have you been dancing ? I have been dancing Since I was 3 so that would be 12 years now. WOW! Gone by Pretty fast!
2. What type of dance do you major in ? Mayjor? Well I absolutly love everything but Ballet is DEFINATLY my First! I am currently doing Mayjors Advanced 1 Ballet and Grade 7 RAD Ballet.
3. What Other types of Dance do you do? I also do ISTD Tap and ISTD Modern, Pointe, Jazz, Lyrical, Neo-Classical, Hip-Hop- Contemparary, Stretch and Strengthen and Company.
3. Do you dance at a dance school ? Not at a school, at a dance studio currently. Westcoast Acadamy of Performing Arts.
4. Do you plan to be a dancer as a life career ? Yes, I hope so. I truely love ALL types of performing though including acting and musical theatre as well.
5. What is the farthest you have got in dancing ? Farthest?? well I was at the Winipeg, gone to various auditions, done MILLIONS of performances, compete in numerous festivals and completed exams yearly, and won awards.
6. Anything else special about you and your dancing life ? Dance IS my Entire life! Lol. yup thats about all
I'm going to be leaving my old studio to go to the Festival Ballet's Center for Dance Education. Festival Ballet is a probably the biggest companies in my state. The school pretty much feeds right into the company. I know this is a great opportunity but I really feel bad for leaving my studio. I always loved it and I'm going to miss everyone, teachers and students. It's where I started out. What should I do?|
|» I messed Up the first time So again !|
Here are some dance styles . Also Some sites of thoese styles.|
( DanceCollapse )
Okay! Hm... Let's see...|
1. How long have you been dancing? A couple years
2. What type of dance do you major in? I major in ballet but I also do jazz and some lyrical. I will be doing more next year once I have more time.
3. Do you dance at a dance school? Yes. Shannon O'brien's School of Dance
4. Do you plan to be a dancer as a life career? I would love to be a professional dancer but I doubt I would ever get that far.
5. What is the farthest you have got in dancing? Farthest??? Can you explain a little?
6. Anything else special about you and your dancing life? Uh... This isn't quite "special" but in the fall I will be auditioning for my school's dance team so wish me luck!
|Top of Page
||Powered by LiveJournal.com|